Chai & Pakoda – One of the best combinations in the World!!!
Thanks to Rushina’s initiative Indian Food Observance Days, I am getting introduced to the various aspects on Indian food which I had not even thought about.
I was part of the #AamAchaarDay & #PapadBadiDay in the past. We celebrated #ChaiPakodaDay on 30th July where along with fellow foodies, we met to eat, discuss various Pakoda’s & Chai’s. I prepared one of our family favourite’s Ambodi – a mix dal pakoda’s. My Amma’s measurement are never measured, they are always “Andaaz Se”. I have tried to be as accurate as possible here 🙂
Chana Dal – 1 Cup
Urad Dal – 3/4th Cup
Moong Dal – 1/3rd Cup
Toor Dal – 2 tbsp
Rice – 2 tbsp
Washed Raw Groundnut – 1/4th Cup
Green Chilli – 4-5 (We love spice, but adjust this to your taste)
Ginger – 1 inch
Coriander – a handful
Curry Leaves – 6-7
Jaggery – ½ tsp
– Wash & soak the dal’s together for atleast 6 hours & not more than 9-10 hours.
– Grind all dal’s together with very little water.
– All green chillies, ginger, coriander leaves & raw groundnuts & grind again.
– The batter should be a little watery than the medu vada consistency.
– Remove the batter in a big bowl.
– Add salt to taste, jaggery & mix well.
– Leave it to rest for 10-15 mins.
– Heat a kadai with oil & start pouring dollops of batter with a spoon or your hand (Be super careful)
– Fry until golden brown
Ambodi’s are ready. We have these with any chutney – fresh coconut, raw tomato, kairi chutney, etc
Do try this recipe & share pic’s.