Baking is therapeutic & a major stress buster for me. And baking breads – regular, sweet, savory – gives me a different high. The smell of the bread right out of the oven is the BEST THING EVER!!!!
I had been reading/watching recipes of the Banana Bread for a while now & was really eager to try it. The 1st one I baked was with eggs but my family doesn’t eat eggs & my search for an eggless banana bread began. After going through many youtube videos & blogs I came across this recipe on Jeyashri’s Kitchen. It looked extremely simple & I decided to try it. Over ripped banana was the most difficult ingredient to source for me, as my family would consume them in the best form. I had to hide a few to make them over-soft, over-rip. But at the end of it, it was all worth it. Sharing the recipe of my Eggless Banana Bread with Chocochips & Almonds.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 3/4th Cup
- Maida/All Purpose Flour – ½ Cup
- Ripe Banana – 2
- Sugar – 3/4th Cup (I used plain white sugar)
- Yogurt/Curd – 2 Tbsp
- Milk – 1/4th Cup
- Oil – 4 Tbsp
- Salt – 1/4th Tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 Tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 Tsp
- Chocochip – As per choice
- Chopped Almond – As per choice
- Mash the banana’s using a whisk or hands
- Add sugar, milk, curd, vanilla essence, oil, salt to the mashed bananas & mix well
- Sift the flour & baking soda together
- Mix the flour-baking soda mixture slowly into the banana mash. Just a simple mix will be enough.
- Ensure there is no dry flour left
- Add chocochips, chopped almonds & gently mix again
- Grease the loaf pan with butter & pour the mixture into it. I used a 9X7 inch loaf pan
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius & bake the bread for 40-45 mins
- Insert a knife/skewer to check for wet batter
Cut into slices once cooled down. Serve it with tea/coffee or a scoop of ice-cream 🙂